When you first heard the words 'Asperger Syndrome', how did you react? Curious? Confused? Dismayed? Relieved? A mix of emotions? If so, you are not alone.
In The Hidden Diffability: Discovering Aspergers I've covered all the information you need to know at the very beginning of your Asperger journey, regardless of the individual's age. I've gathered information from my own family's experiences, extensive research, and indepth interviews with 15 Australian families. Chapters include:
- A foreword by Dr Richard Eisenmajer, Victoria's leading clinical psychologist in the autism spectrum field, and Director of The ASD Clinic
- Meet the Interviewees
- First Signs
- Getting a diagnosis
- Sharing the diagnosis
- Recommended Therapies, treatments and interventions
- How to obtain Funding and Support
- A look at the Positives of being an 'Aspie'
- An extensive glossary with 115 entries
- Full diagnostic criteria, including the DSM 4 and DSM 5 criteria
- Recommended reading and resources
- An Index, and Notes on research
Click here to read the Introduction
You can purchase the paperback or Kindle ebook from our Store.
Or you can purchase the paperback from Dymocks, Readings and specialist bookstores, and the ebook from Amazon.
Click here for instructions on How to Buy your First Ebook.
To watch The Hidden Diffability: Discovering Aspergers book launch, click here to view it on YouTube
Click here for the Media Release for The Hidden Diffability: Discovering Aspergers